Tuesday, February 3, 2009

How I made my peace with God

Sometimes we all get so low we have nowhere to go but up. That is where I was at. Being raised in church I knew how to pray. I started crying out to God. First for forgiveness of my sins. Yes I was sinning when I turned away from God. Then I started asking God to show me areas I needed to change. I knew I could not change on my own. That I needed him to help guide me. I started reading my bible. My favorite verse is Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. I kept praying and reaching out to God. He guided me through the things I needed to work through.

He was also giving me so many blessings. I was able to see my PH as a blessing in some ways. I had to quit my job and stay home. I was able to be home with my son and be there for my daugher when she got out of school. It took 5 months for me to get my disability after I stopped working. Durning that time I lived on my child support. All my bills were being paid and we did not go hungry. Without God I would not have been able to make it through that time.

Yes we had our challenges too. God does not promise us that we are going to have everything so smooth. We are going to be tempted and go through many trials. We have to make that decision to keep trusting in him. That is what I did and God took care of my family and continues to take care of us everyday.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you. I believe that God has helped me along my path of living with PH. I've had many ups and downs, but no matter what I'm going through, I know I can rely on Him to be there no matter what!

    ReplyDelete