Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Wonderful Husband

When I first got sick I was going through a bad divorce. I never thought that I would meet my soul mate. I was in early 2002 I was bored one night. I thought I will check out a yahoo chat room. I had not been in chat rooms before. So I didn't know what to expect. As soon as I got in the chat room I started getting these instant messages. Of course they just want to talk dirty. Then this man popped up and was being very nice. I am wondering when is he going to start talking dirty and I have to delete him too.

That never happened. We talked on the computer for a couple of months before we talked on the phone. I was very up front with him from the beginning about my illness and being a single mom. I thought for sure that would be the last time that I would hear from him. We took the time to get to know each other before we met. I would ask him the same questions over a few weeks apart. To see if he was for real or just another jerk.

He was for real. We met in the summer of 2002. He lived 4 hrs from me. I knew I loved him when we met. My mom was not to happy that I was meeting someone off the Internet. His family was not happy either. We knew we were meant for each other. That summer is when we decided to get married. First we had to decide where we wanted to live. He lived 4 hrs away. I have never lived away like that.

I had told him that I would move so he wouldn't have to change jobs. He called me one weekend and told me that he gave his 2 weeks notice. That he knew that he needed to move where I lived. His family thought he was nuts. From the beginning I got the feeling that his mother didn't really like me. Yes that bothered me but I wasn't marrying her. He told his family about my illness. I don't think they really understand how serious it is.

We were planning on getting married in the Spring of 2003. We were planning the wedding and I was going to school. It was all stressful on me. I came home from school one afternoon and told him I thought we should just go to Gatlinburg, TN and get married. We called our parents and told them we were going. They were more than welcome to come if they wanted to. That was on Wednesday and we left the next morning.

It didn't matter to him that I had an illness. I made sure he understood everything about my PH before I agreed to marry him. At first I had a hard time understanding why anyone would want to be with me being sick. When you find that someone it isn't going to matter if they really love you. We have been married for over 6 years now. I have a wonderful husband. Wish I could have met him 20 years ago. He helps me so much. He will cook, clean, do laundry, help with the kids. He does everything I need him to do. He does it all without complaining. I could not have asked for a better husband. Both my parents love him. Everyone who knows us tells me all the time I am lucky to have a wonderful husband.

Yes I am lucky but God deserves all the credit. God put us together. What are the odds that both of us would be in the same chat room at the same time. I thank God for him everyday. If there is anyone who thinks just because you are sick you are not going to find anyone don't give up. Even though I live with PH I still am able to have a life.

1 comment:

  1. Wow..Lora..That is an Awesome story :))
    I am happy that you two met and that you have him..I am happy to say that my hubby is wonderful even with all this..
    Thx for sharing..
    Hope you are doing well..I hear that snow is coming back to ohio...and colder air:(
    Hugs,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete